If you’ve ever been presented with an outrageous electricity bill at the end of the month, you would understand the frustration associated with not having a prepaid meter. Thankfully, outrageous electricity bills are now a thing of the past now that we have prepaid meters.
Prepaid meters can help you reduce the amount you spend on electricity bills significantly, however, if you don’t monitor your electricity usage and consciously try to reduce the amount of energy you consume, you may find yourself paying more than you need to pay.
To prevent this, BuyPower has a feature that helps you monitor your electricity consumption. You can determine the changes you need to make to reduce your electricity bill from the information you get there.
Here’s how to monitor electricity usage on the BuyPower app
- If you don’t already have the BuyPower app, download it from your app store and log in.
- Tap on the menu icon (three dashes) at the top left side of your device.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Meter Consumption History’
- Select a meter to see how much you spend and how frequently you make electricity purchases.
To view different months, use the arrows to move from one month to the other.
Here are a few tips to help you reduce electricity usage
- Always ensure that you turn all the lights off during the day and when you’re leaving the house.
- Unplug any electronics that are not in use.
- Choose energy-efficient bulbs
- Use fans instead of air conditioning when possible
Don’t forget to share this information with your friends and let them know that they can visit www.buypower.ng to pay their electricity bills online effortlessly.