We are quite sure you must have had times where you did not have access to the internet, and also had to buy electricity urgently. This must have been frustrating for you especially if you were unaware of the availability of a BuyPower USSD short code. Well, if this was the case, here’s a fix.
By popular demand, we are providing you with a step by step guide on how to buy electricity using the BuyPower USSD short code.
You should know at this point that there are various ways and modes of buying electricity on the BuyPower platform. You can buy electricity online on the website, via the mobile app - Android and iOS - and if offline, a USSD short code is provided for your use as well.
We have always made clear how important our users’ convenience and satisfaction is. It is why unlike other platforms, we take this seriously and have provided several channels to buy electricity. Now, let me guide you.
Buy Electricity with BuyPower USSD short code
First, what is the BuyPower USSD short code?
The BuyPower USSD Short code is *402*00009548*amount#.
This is a code you can dial on your phone, even if it is a feature phone, to buy electricity from the comfort of your home. This is because dialing and using this code does not require an internet connection. Hence, any kind of phone with a dialer can carry this action out for you.
Just follow the steps below:
- Dial: *402*00009548*amount#
- Once you dial the code above, you will be prompted to enter your meter number.
- Follow the subsequent prompt[s] to complete payment. If it is your first time making payment using this [ussd code] channel, you will be required to create a password; between 4 to 6 digits. Please note this password will be required for subsequent transactions.
- Afterwards, an electricity token will be automatically sent to your phone number via SMS. Please note that you should dial the short code above from the phone number registered to your bank account.
- This code doesn't work for first bank, UBA and GTbank users. If you use First bank or UBA, kindly select “Pay with USSD/bank transfer” on our website. For Gtbank users, select the “Pay with GTB 737/bank transfer option” on the website.
So guys, here you have it. Your step by step guide to buying electricity offline, with any kind of device, on BuyPower. With the BuyPower USSD short code.
Do drop your comments and questions below.